From design to usability, iPhones are some of the most iconic smartphones in almost every respect, But do pawn shops take iPhones? Keep ready to find out and learn some useful tips for pawning or selling your electronic devices.
What Is an iPhone?
An iPhone is a smartphone manufactured by Apple that integrates several functions, including photo/video camera, internet browsing, text messaging, and, in general, almost anything a desktop computer can do.
Although the iPhone wasn’t the first smartphone, its iconic design and usability principles helped shape our habits and expectations regarding this type of device.
Since its inception in 2007, the iPhone has evolved constantly, adding new features and improvements on a regular basis. For example, here’s a list of the most recent iPhone models:;
- iPhone 14 Pro Max
- iPhone 14 Pro
- iPhone 14 Plus
- iPhone 14
- iPhone SE (3rd Generation)
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 MIni
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12
- iPhone SE (2nd Generation)
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11
Do Pawn Shops Take iPhones?
Most pawn shops take iPhones, but there are some things you need to consider before taking your iPhone to your local pawn shop.
The most important factor is obsolescence. As noted in the previous section, the iPhone keeps evolving, so even if a model feels fairly recent, people might not be particularly interested in buying it, negatively impacting the amount of money you can get for it at your local pawn shop.
The best strategy is to call your local pawn shop before bringing them your iPhone. This way you can confirm that they are interested in it.
Tips for Pawning and Selling Your iPhone
As with any other item, there are some easy things you can do to get the most money for your iPhone when you pawn it or sell it. Here are some tips you should keep in mind:
- Make sure the pawn shop will take your iPhone. As mentioned earlier, you should contact your pawn shop beforehand to confirm that they will pawn or buy your model of iPhone.
- Clean your iPhone. When pawning an item, condition can make a big difference. Before pawning your iPhone, clean it thoroughly and get rid of as many scratches and smudges as possible
- Delete all personal data. Wipe all personal data from your iPhone before pawning it. This applies to all smartphones. Even if you plan to repay your pawn shop loan and retrieve your phone, performing a factory reset is your safest bet to protect your personal information.
- Bring any original accessories or certificates that came with the iPhone when you first bought it.
- Decide if you want to pawn or sell your iPhone. Most pawn shops will give you the option of pawning or selling your iPhone. If you pawn it, you can get it back after paying off your loan, but if you sell it, you usually can get more money. The choice is yours!
To learn more about how to pawn or sell other Apple products, check out our previous post, “Do Pawn Shops Take Air Pods?” If you need help deciding whether you want to pawn or sell your iPhone check “Is It Better To Pawn or To Sell?”
AJ’s Super Pawn: Pawn Shops in Pomona and Chino, California
If what you need is a dependable, trustworthy pawn shop in Southern California, look no further than AJ’s Super Pawn.
We have locations in Pomona and Chino California. Give us a call today (Pomona: 909-622-0334, Chino: 909-465-5456) or fill out the contact form to get in touch with our team!